A representation of the City of Miami, as interpreted by the artist.
FIRST PRIZE – $1,500 + AWARD CERTIFICATE
SECOND PRIZE – $1,000 + AWARD CERTIFICATE
THIRD PRIZE – $500 + AWARD CERTIFICATE
ALL FINALISTS WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF MERIT AND WILL BE INVITED TO EXHIBIT THEIR WORK AT THE BAKEHOUSE ART COMPLEX FROM AUGUST 9-16, 2019
– Applicants should be at least 18 years old.
– To conform to the spirit of the awards all works must be original and completed within the last two years. They must not have won any previous prize or award in any other art competition including as a finalist in a previous Paint Me Miami art competition.
– The subject must be inspired by a scene within the boundaries of the City of Miami. Click here for a map of the boundaries.
– Minimum size for any side of the work must be 20 inches; maximum size of any side of the work must be 48 inches.
– Applications are limited to three entries per artist.
– All painting techniques and styles are accepted. Photography, mixed media and drawings (pencil, charcoal, carbon, silver point, ink or similar) will not be accepted.
– No copies from other artists or published material will be considered. No supervised work will be considered. Source material must be available upon request.
You must submit your entries by July 9, 2019 at 5:00 pm
All entries must use the official Entry Form in this website to be eligible. Entry forms and image of the work must be submitted digitally. Digital images of the works should be of enough resolution for the jurors to have a clear idea of the submission. Yet, no digital image should be bigger than 2mb.
There is an entry fee of $20.00 for each work entered in the competition, payable through PayPal. Please follow the directions in the website.
The entry fee is non-refundable.
A highly-qualified Jury, composed by independent jurors and not by the Miami Arts and Entertainment Council will select finalists and prize winners. The Jury’s decision is final and not revocable.
The works of all finalists will be exhibited at The Bakehouse Art Complex, 561 NW 32nd St., Miami, Fl., 33127 from August 9, 2019, to August 16, 2019.
Finalists will be notified by email where and when to deliver their work.
Publication of work
By submitting your application you are granting permission to the contest organizers for exhibiting and publishing your work(s), if selected finalist and/or one of the prizes.
All works published will be given proper credit at all times.
Submitting your application automatically constitutes your acceptance of all competition rules. The jurors’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be notified by email and announced on the Paint Me Miami website. The exhibition will be curated by Yuni Villalonga, Chief Curator of the Coral Gables Museum.
Selected finalists will be notified by email. Winners will be announced at the Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony, as well in the Paint Me Miami website and the contest’s social media platforms.
Finalists must bring their original art work to the Bakehouse Art Complex, 561 NW 32nd St., Miami,Fl 33127 on August 6 & 7 between 12 noon and 4:00 pm. Works should be framed and ready for hanging.