PAINT ME MIAMI 2019
Contest Sponsored by the City of Miami Arts & Entertainment Council (MAEC)
All artists are encouraged to submit paintings celebrating the City of Miami
- $1,500 FIRST PRIZE + AWARD CERTIFICATE.
- $1,000 SECOND PRIZE + AWARD CERTIFICATE.
- $500 THIRD PRIZE + AWARD CERTIFICATE.
- FINALISTS WILL BE INVITED TO EXHIBIT THEIR WORK AND WILL RECEIVE AN AWARD CERTIFICATE.
– The theme of the competition is the City of Miami. (Please see a map with the City of Miami neighborhoods below.) See more. Works inspired by other areas outside these boundaries will not be considered.
– The works’ medium should be solely painting. Other mediums such as drawing, collage, etc. will not be considered.
– Works should be two-dimensional and within the size requirements. The smallest side should be no less than 20 inches and the largest side should be no more than 48 inches.
– Works must be original and no more than two years old.
-Works must not have won any previous prize or award including previous PaintMeMiami Art Competitions.
– Works can be abstract or representational and or figurative.
– Information requested must be completed in full, otherwise works will not be considered.
– Applications must be submitted digitally. Please see the application instructions below.
– There is a non-refundable entry fee of $20.00 for each work entered in the competition. All entry fees will be used toward the prizes.
– Entries should be submitted by July 9, 2019 – later submissions will not be accepted.
– Each artist can submit up to three works.
– The selection will be made by three independent jurors and not by the Miami Arts and Entertainment Council. The Jury’s decision is final and not revocable.
– Selected finalists will be notified by email. Winners will be announced at the opening reception and award ceremony on August 9, 2019, from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm at The BakeHouse Art Complex, 561 NW 32nd St., Miami, Fl. 33127, as well in the Paint Me Miami website and the contest’s social media platforms.
IF SELECTED AS FINALIST
– Artists or their representatives should be able to deliver original works at The BakeHouse Art Complex, 561 NW 32nd St., Miami, Fl. 33127, on August 7, 2019, between 12 noon and 5:00 pm.
– Works should be delivered framed or stretched and ready to be hung – artists should attach a hanging system with one single cord to the back of the works.
– Artists or their representatives should be ready to sign the Loan Form at the time of delivery.
– Date to pick up the work after the exhibition : August 16 at The Bakehouse from 12 noon to 4:00 pm.
* While the copyright of the works remains with the artists, the Miami Arts & Entertainment Council reserves the right to reproduce the exhibited works for promotional and educational purposes. Works will be properly labeled and artists credited at all times.
* Submission of entry in this competition automatically constitutes the applicant’s acceptance of all competition Rules.
OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
If you have any question regarding your application, please send us an email to: email@example.com