PAINT ME MIAMI 2020
Contest Sponsored by the City of Miami Arts & Entertainment Council (MAEC)
All artists are encouraged to submit paintings celebrating the City of Miami
- $1,500 FIRST PRIZE + AWARD CERTIFICATE.
- $1,000 SECOND PRIZE + AWARD CERTIFICATE.
- $500 THIRD PRIZE + AWARD CERTIFICATE.
- $500 PRIZE FOR STUDENT CATEGORY
- FINALISTS WILL BE INVITED TO EXHIBIT THEIR WORK AND WILL RECEIVE AN AWARD CERTIFICATE.
– The theme of the competition is the City of Miami. (Please see a map with the City of Miami neighborhoods below.) See more. Works inspired by other areas outside these boundaries will not be considered.
– The works’ medium should be solely painting. Other mediums such as drawing, collage, etc. will not be considered.
– Works should be two-dimensional and within the size requirements. The smallest side should be no less than 20 inches and the largest side should be no more than 48 inches.
– Works must be original and no more than two years old.
-Works must not have won any previous prize or award including previous PaintMeMiami Art Competitions.
– Works can be abstract or representational and or figurative.
– Information requested must be completed in full, otherwise works will not be considered.
– Applications must be submitted digitally. Please see the application instructions below.
– There is a non-refundable entry fee of $20.00 for each work entered in the competition. All entry fees will be used toward the prizes.
– Entries should be submitted by July 17, 2020 – Later submissions will not be accepted.
– Each artist can submit up to three works.
– The selection will be made by three independent jurors and not by the Miami Arts and Entertainment Council. The Jury’s decision is final and not revocable.
– Selected finalists will be notified by email. Winners will be announced at the opening reception and award ceremony in August, 2020, at a place to be announced, as well in the Paint Me Miami website and the contest’s social media platforms.
IF SELECTED AS FINALIST
– Artists or their representatives should be able to deliver original works at, a place to be designated, on August, 2020, between 12 noon and 5:00 pm.
– Works should be delivered framed or stretched and ready to be hung – artists should attach a hanging system with one single cord to the back of the works.
– Artists or their representatives should be ready to sign the Loan Form at the time of delivery.
– Date to pick up the work after the exhibition : will be announced.
* While the copyright of the works remains with the artists, the Miami Arts & Entertainment Council reserves the right to reproduce the exhibited works for promotional and educational purposes. Works will be properly labeled and artists credited at all times.
* Submission of entry in this competition automatically constitutes the applicant’s acceptance of all competition Rules.