The contest is now closed.
Please come back next year.
PAINT ME MIAMI 2017
Contest Sponsored by the City of Miami Arts & Entertainment Council (MAEC)
All artists are encouraged to submit paintings celebrating the City of Miami
– FIRST PRIZE – $1,500 + EXHIBITION OF THE WORK + AWARD CERTIFICATE
– SECOND PRIZE – $1,000 + EXHIBITION OF THE WORK + AWARD CERTIFICATE
– FINALISTS – EXHIBITION OF THE WORK + AWARD CERTIFICATE
– The theme of the competition is the City of Miami. (Please see a map with the City of Miami neighborhoods below.) Works inspired by other areas outside these boundaries will not be considered.
– The works’ medium should be solely painting. Other mediums such as drawing, collage, etc. will not be considered.
– Works should be two-dimensional and within the size requirements. The smallest side should be no less than 20 inches and the largest side should be no more than 48 inches.
– Works must be original and no more than two years old.
– Works must not have won any previous prize or award.
– Works can be abstract or representational/figurative.
– Information requested must be completed in full, otherwise works will not be considered.
– Applications most be done digitally. Please see the application instructions below.
– There is a non-refundable entry fee of $20.00 for each work entered in the competition. All entry fees will be used toward the prizes.
– Entries should be submitted by August 15th, 2017 at 5pm, Eastern Time – later submissions will not be accepted.
– Each artist can submit up to three works.
– The selection will be made by three independent jurors and not by the Miami Arts and Entertainment Council. The Jury’s decision is final and not revocable.
– Selected finalists will be notified by email. Winners will be announced at the Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony on September 2nd from 5pm to 8pm at the Little Haiti Cultural Center, as well in the Paint Me Miami website and the contest’s social media platforms.
IF SELECTED AS FINALIST
– Artists or their representatives should be able to deliver the works at the Little Haiti Cultural Center on August 23rd, at any time between 10am and 7pm.
– Works should be delivered framed or stretched and ready to be hung – artists should attach a hanging system to back of the works.
– Artists or their representatives should be ready to sign the Loan Form at the time of delivery.
– Artists or their representatives should pick up the works on Monday, September 11 from 10:00am to 5:00pm. After ten days works will be considered abandoned.
* While the copyright of the works remains with the artists, Paint Me Miami reserves the right to reproduce the exhibited works for promotional and educational purposes. Works will be properly labeled and artists credited at all times.
* Submission of entry in this competition automatically constitutes the applicant’s acceptance of all competition Rules.
OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
Thank you for coming around, but the contest is now closed.
Please come back next year.